Thursday, February 13, 2014

Gardens by the Bay 2



I visited Gardens by the Bay with Ivan for the 2nd time on 9th Feb (Sun) as he had 2 free tickets to the domes and it was expiring soon. During the first time we went, we only walked around the garden cos we didn't want to pay to enter the domes. This time, we only visited the domes and didn't really walk around the Gardens cos it was scorching hot in the afternoon. Basically, we just spent our time camping inside the air-conditioned domes for hours until it was time for dinner.

Not walking around the Gardens doesn't make this trip a boring one. In fact, all the beautiful things are hidden inside the domes. Firstly, we visited the Flower Dome first. The inside of it was manifested with colours of the spring and seeing horse sculptures everywhere enhanced  the Chinese New Year ambience. 

Sharing some photos we took in the Flower Dome




There are many seats available inside the dome for you to take a rest or chill. As we had a lot of time to spare before dinner, we took one of those seats available and sat there for quite awhile. As we were sitting there, chatting, my Starbucks craving decided to bring itself to my attention, so I got no choice but to bring it to Ivan's attention. I tried to make him guess what I want through sign language but he failed quite badly at it. I was doing a heart shape and the gesture which stands for $ with my hands. I even hinted him to translate "heart" into mandarin first. And when he finally got it, it ended up that there wasn't any Starbucks outlet @ The Shoppes, so I had to make do with Gong Cha instead. 

After enjoying a cup of Gong Cha together, we headed back to Gardens again to enter the Cloud Forest. We were greeted with a large waterfall feature at the entrance. In the picture below, we were actually standing quite far away from it. It was already quite cold inside, I didn't want to run the risk of getting wet.   




We explored the entire place, walking on the "treetop" walkway, watching a clip about how human are harming the environment etc..Finally, it was time for DINNER @ Satay by the Bay!!

I bought a Steamboat Buffet coupon for 2 pax on Deals.com.sg for this occasion. Kind of treated it as a ORD treat for him too. 
I literally had someone to serve me without the need of giving service charge. He was the one bbq-ing the meat and peeling off the shell of those seafood while I sat there happily eating. The variety of the food was so-so and crayfish seemed to be the only seafood worth eating. They had flower crabs as well but it was so small and not worth the time cooking, peeling off the shell and eating the pathetic amount of meat it had. When we were done, each of us took a potong ice cream and left the place.

While walking to the MRT station, I told him more of my grandmother stuff, which I was unable to give him a detailed account previously... and that will also be what my next post is about...

Overall, I enjoyed this outing and the steamboat. And thanks for being my servant XD 

No comments:

Post a Comment