Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cups N Canvas

It's finally the day of the week where we get to meet again!

We were wandering around aimlessly until dinner time and suddenly, I got feel to eat Cheese Fries. 

The fries made us too full for dinner though, so we wandered around even longer and snapped some pictures. 


The agenda of the day was to visit this cafe. Cups N Canvas. The outlook of this cafe is an old school, cosy style and they have something like an art studio beside where people do their paintings. Ivan found this cafe online and decided to come here. It's located at somewhere at or near Sophia street, within walkable distance from Dhoby Ghaut Station.


As we were still feeling full, we ordered a pasta to share.

Pesto-based Pasta. This was my first time trying Pesto pasta. Pesto is not to my liking as I never like veggie. You can smell the strong veggie (pesto) smell as soon as the food item arrives, so if you are a pesto lover, you may like this pasta.

We shared a mocha latte and sweet potato latte. The sweet potato latte is the specialty of this cafe. These 2 drinks complement each other since the mocha was slightly bitter and the sweet potato latte has a tinge of sweetness, but even on it's own, the sweet potato latte is quite a nice drink. I couldn't bear to destroy the bear on the drink, so I let Ivan do it.

We had Earl Grey Cheesecake for dessert. This was the first Earl Grey Cheesecake I have tried so I couldn't tell if it's a nice Earl Grey cake. But if you are asking for the first-timer opinion, I would say that it's delicious.

In total, we spent about $27 for all the food items mentioned here.

After dinner, we went to catch a last minute movie, Before Midnight. We were checking out the recent movies in Rotten Tomato and the ratings for this movie is as high as 98%. Since the rating is good, we went for it straight without finding out what the movie was about.

When you rush into things, it usually don't turn out well...

The starting part of the movie was pretty boring to me. The actors just kept talking and talking and I wondered how did they even manage to memorise all those lines. Soon, I drifted away as they continued talking. First time experience of sleeping thru a movie. I only woke up when the movie was about to end and the same actors were still talking non-stop. However, Ivan thought that it was a nice movie as the topics they discussed are real and relevant.

We grabbed a small bite at the basement of Somerset 313 and took a seat behind Dong Dae Mun to chit chat abit before heading home. Halfway through the chat, I spotted a ran climbing up the glass panels of Dong Dae Mun cooking area and disappeared into the ceiling. I didn't feel safe enough to continue sitting there just in case the rat decides to lose grip and drop down. And now, I don't think I will want to try the food from that stall either.

We headed home next and this was how another day of mine ended.        

No comments:

Post a Comment