Sunday, December 16, 2012

Prawning/ Night Cycling

Internship makes me feel that my life is filled with more activities and events. This is because internship makes life become dull hence, I have become more appreciative and spontaneous towards after-work activities.

I took a half day leave on Thursday for medical appointment. After that, I met Elaine at Dhoby Ghaut and we went to have our dinner at Strictly Pancakes. I've heard about the shop since long time ago but I didn't get to try it until that day. I ordered a Tiramisu pancakes and the look and taste of the pancake was AWESOME! It is also extremely filling. I tried very hard to squeeze down 2 pancakes into my stomach and that was my limit. I had to leave the last one out.

After dinner, Elaine and I went to shop around the new extension of Sing Plaza. I tried to shop around for Christmas gift for my company gift exchange event too, but I really had no idea of what to buy. Until now, I still havent got it yet and the possibility of me getting chocolates as gifts are higher as the deadline for submission of the gift gets closer.

I was "forced" to go prawning with my siblings and cousins again that night after meeting Elaine. I didn't want to go because the previous time I went, which was about last week only, the catch wasn't good and it made me felt real bored and sleepy towards the end of the prawning session. However, this time was different. The catch was real good. We took 3 rods and during the last hour of the prawning session, a prawn would bite on the bait every few mins for each rod.


This is our catch. The prawn sizes are bigger as compared to those we had caught last week. I think there should be about 40-50 prawns inside. Slept at about 3.30am that night and the next day, my mind was floating in the office, like a ghost.

On friday, as those in my department were not around, I went to have lunch @ Safra with other colleagues belonging to other department. That was my first time going for lunch with them and I was kinda afraid I would feel out of place. But luckily it went fine and the Korean restaurant we had our lunch at was nice.

Saturday:
I went Pasir Ris with my sis and her bf's to celebrate Vincent's 21st birthday @ Livia Condo. (And now I know where Wendy Koh lives.) The best/worst part of it was Night Cycling. There's a total of 9 of us. Our plan was to cycle from Pasir Ris to Lau Pa Sat to eat supper, but we didn't make it there as it was raining and we'd decided not to proceed. At that time, we were already at East Coast Park. We took a different route back from East Coast Park to Pasir Ris. We passed by Simei, Bedok, Tampines and then to Pasir Ris. We started out journey at about 10pm+ and ended at about 4am+. The experience was fun but torturous. We were cycling in the rain and there were puddles of rainwater around. When we cycled passed it, all the water splashed up and we became totally wet and dirty. After we went back to the Condo, we had a quick shower, ate some food, waited for awhile and Vincent's uncle drove us home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment