Monday, August 27, 2012

Sleep over

I went to Elaine's house for sleep over during the weekends. It was actually an impromptu decision for me. She sent me a very misleading message to call me to stay over at her house, whereas I thought that I was only going to her house for a day and will come back to my house at night.

But in the end, I still decided to stay over at her house, although I didn't bring ANYTHING for sleepover with me. Elaine is just so "guest-prepared". She has all the things that I need, like toothbrush, contact lens case, disposable underwear etc. We didn't do a lot of stuff. Just chit chat and nua together watching shows and reading books/magazines. I like this kind of life. It's just plain relaxing.

On Sunday morning, I went out for breakfast at Wendy's together with her family and watched Expendables 2. It's a great movie but there was this disgusting scene where a person's head was cut/slice/grind in pieces by a helicopter's rotor/propeller/whatever-it's-called.

I borrowed this book called the <<君空>> or <> from Elaine. The movie, "Sky of Love" aka "恋空"/ "Koizora", which was quite popular few years back. This is actually the book version of that movie, but from the guy's point of view. I've watched the movie version and drama version of it, but this is the first time I'm reading the book. Since the drama and movie were filmed from the girl's point of view, I've decided to start reading the book with the guy's point of view first. I spent less than 2 days to finish the entire book.



I know the story beforehand, so I find that some parts of the book were quite draggy. Moreover, it's a translated version from Japanese to Mandarin, so some of the sentence structures are weird. It's not wrong, but people don't use it often. For example, "手中拿着热腾腾的汤的美嘉" This kind of sentences appeared many times in the book, but I think that it's because of the japanese sentence structures, that's why the translator could only translate it in this way.  

Nevertheless, I still find it touching although this is the 3rd time I'm coming across the same storyline. And this time, I still feel that it's incredibly stupid for the guy to leave the girl because he had illness--throat cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment